Re: [TCLUG:8424] Debian (was Re: [TCLUG:8408] local Mandrake mirror)

Sandipan Panigrahi said:
> It doesnot save it until you tell it to. After you do a screen grab
> whatever you grabbed gets put into a new canvas. it is just like
> opening a image file in GIMP except that the image comes from a screen
> grab instead of a file.

I don't get a new image window on the screen either.  It beeps twice,
but that's it.

> I like "xv" for image grabs though. It has an easier user interface. You
> can
> also use xwd to grab an image. Then convert it using gimp.

Looks like the other response was right and I have a broken GIMP.  xwd
creates a file for me and xwud will display it, but GIMP just says,
"Open failed: screenshot".  But xwd is a start!