Re: [TCLUG:8442] what is this Lorax deal?

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Yaron wrote:

> Lorax is the prerelease beta for Red Hat 6.1. I can't say I recommend it
> because I was unable to install it on my laptop, but it probably installs
> fine from a CD.
>
> I've got a CD-R, but I have no idea where Prospect Park is (I'm in
> Shoreview/Roseville).

Prospect Park is a neighborhood in SE Minneapolis, near the University.
I live a stone's throw from the KSTP radio tower. So Lorax sounds like it
could easily be avoided for the time being...but there are still big
bunches of software that are just too impractical to download over my
link, and I don't have a Zip drive so I can't put them on a disk at the U
and bring them home either. Things like the new KDE tarballs/RPMs (if
they're gonna work w/ RH 6.0), XFree updates, StarOffice, etc.

My thought was that someone with a CD-RW could burn what I want on a disc
overnight and I could pick it up sometime. Or maybe just a CD-R, I suppose
blank discs are pretty cheap.

Cheers,
Joel