RE: [TCLUG:8642] VisualAge for Linux (revisit)

--

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:39:42   Kapoor, Nishikant X wrote:
>VAJ for Linux is definitely one of the best IDEs available on Linux (or any
>platform for that matter) but I'm not sure if it ever will be released
>"fully" for Linux i.e. FREE. And as you might be knowing that they have
>removed the 500 classes limit.

To be released "fully" for Linux does not mean FREE or any other software for that matter.  It is up to the vendor to decide to release the code as open source.

When I mean "fully" is that VAJ for Linux is supported by IBM in terms of technical support, development is active (patches and new releases) and that it is on the same terms as NT (Oracle calls these tier-one platforms) and is not a poor stepchild.