tweaking mail headers

Hello,

This is not a Linux-specific question, so bear with me. :)

I want to send out mail, *as any user*, and have bounces go to a specified
mail spool.

My thinking is to do this by running 'sendmail -t' and composing the
headers by hand. But when I give a From: value, failed sends do not go to
that address. Instead they go to the spool of the user I was logged in as,
which is exactly what I don't want. Is there some other header I should
use? I tried Bounce-to: but that's not it. I also tried specifying MAIL
FROM (different than From: ) and that's no good either.

Does anyone heave a clue about headers? RFC 822 didn't have too much to
say. Alternately, is there some other way to do what I want?

Thanks in advance,
-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com