Re: [TCLUG:15481] Faeriedist

chrisp@dusk.bitstream.net, on 04/03/2000 02:23:42 PM
> > carls@agritech.com, on 04/03/2000 02:52:59 PM
> >         what I'd *really* like to see are fully man-based docs. no digging
> > through "info" pages or scattered text docs, or (horror) HTML docs (when one
> > doesn't have an HTML browser installed).
>
> help(1) would detect that you don't have an HTML reader and convert to
> ASCII instead, then run that through less. Also, standard man and info
> aren't going anywhere, don't sweat that.

As I read carls's comment, you've just missed the point...  _Everything_
should be in man.  As a Debianite, one of mey pet peeves is all the man pages
that say, "This is just here as a courtesy.  If you want to know anything
useful, check the info page instead."  And then there's all the information
that can only be found in the package's README, README.Debian,
doc/examples/*, etc.

--
The Shortest Windows Manual:  "Turn off the power switch."
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K