Re: [TCLUG:15569] SGI Indy Boxen

Does anybody know what kind of connection these monitors
might have?  I'd like to use the second monitor on my machine
(that has DualHead) if at all possible.

Nick Reinking

natecars@real-time.com, on 04/05/2000 06:26:06 PM
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org @ PMDF
cc:
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:15569] SGI Indy Boxen

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Chris Schumann wrote:
>
> > Asking price is $225 each which includes 133MHz R4600 CPU, 2GB SCSI
> > drive, 64MB RAM, Irix, 17" monitor.
>
> I'm in for 1 or 2 *assuming* that these things will use "ordinary" hardware.
> Would someone with some experience with these post a summary of the specs?
> I'd like to be able to use them out of the box as much as possible.

what do you mean by "ordinary"? SGI is 99.9% proprietary, especially on
these boxen... forget throwing a PCI card in it.  :)  It will have one
ethernet interface, though.. possibly ISDN built in too (I don't remember
on that specific model..)

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700