SGI Monitor/DualHead (was: Re: [TCLUG:15601] SGI Boxes (update?))

  Hi,

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:
> > I plan on just taking my 2 Indy boxes and "merging" them
> > together.

I'm not 100% sure you could do that - I think an Indy only has room for
ONE HDD, so you'd need to get an external case. You might want to make
sure.

> As someone mentioned before, it might be a fixed frequency monitor. And
> you're certainly going to have to buy an adapter cable to get it to work..
> under Windows, good luck. Under Linux, no problem.  :)

I have actually been trying to get a Sun GDM16 fixed-freq running with
Linux, and it IS a problem. Your graphics adapter needs to support that
specific rate, and might need to be able to sync-on-green.

Nick, do you still want to be down for 2?

-Yaron