RE: [TCLUG:15736] MediaOne

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Schlough, Mark wrote:

> > have them remove it.  But that's all hearsay. :)  I run a web server, mail
> > server, ssh/telnet, etc. with no problems behind an IPmasqed DEC multia
> > w/ port forwarding.
> 	[Schlough, Mark]
> 	Is there a howto or a collection of howtos to read to be able to
> setup this configuration?  That'd be swell (^_^)
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Mark

Do you mean for running Mediaone w/ Linux doing IPmasq?  If so,
IP-Masqerade-HOWTO, IPCHAINS-HOWTO (gotta love the "Rusty's Three Line
Guide to Masquerading" bit), and the Cable-Modem-HOWTO. I can't remember
if they have the info about ipmasqadm (used for port forwarding) in any of
those but you can find some at <http://ipmasq.cjb.net>.  Another handy
page is at <http://www.tmservices.com/masq> (listings of ports required
for all kinds of various applications).

 --