RE: [TCLUG:15677] DHCP/BOOTP and NeXT

>www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~alexios/MACHINE-ROOM/NeXT_Cube.html
        you're right, it _is_ sexy... oooh. :)
        I think most SGI boxen just about as cool-looking, tho. :)
        speaking of which, why don' we have more companies clamoring to
build cool-looking cases for WinTel machines? there have been a few attempts
(witness Acer's (?) black cases from a few years ago [too bad they were
crap]); but for a computer that's so heavily intended to be "friendly";
there's been a decided lack of friendly cases. (and those that have
attempted, have turned out to be rather hideous, IMHO).
        what is it, that makes SGIs (and I'll admit, recent Macs, in some
ways) so cool-looking, and the knockoffs (the eMachines eOne; Compaq's
O^2-esqe thing; Intel's demo cases [the green rabbit, the red aztec pyramid]
last year) so ugly?

>www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Pubs/access/92.1/92.1.CM5.html
        no picture, unfortunately. :(

I think someone posted to /. a while ago, that they used to have a Convex
supercomputer in their living room (would even run). the geek value of that
would be tremendous. :) (but so would the A/C and electric bills)...

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091