Re: [TCLUG:15736] MediaOne

I run a basic web/chat/ftp/mail server on the MediaOne connection.  One way to
defeat the DHCP problem is to subscribe to a service such as TZO.com.
Basically, you run a script (I use crond) every so often to re-link your domain
name with your current IP addy.  For example, I registered ardent-hacker.net.
Every 20 mins, crond runs the following command:
TZO.Signon >/var/log/TZO.Signon.log
This script tells TZO's DNS server my current IP addy and routs accordingly.
If you need help with this, feel free to email me at sysadmin@ardent-hacker.net
or ecrist@ardent-hacker.net

Eric

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000, you wrote: > ----- Original Message