Re: [TCLUG:15834] IRIX/SGI/hinv (was: Re: [fwd][TCLUG:15569] SGIIndy Boxen)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
>
> > are 8bit or 24bit. no hinv (sort-of dmesg?) is available at this time; tho
>
> Just thought I'd point this out as a general UNIX point of interest (;
>
> 'hinv' stands for Hardware Inventory. It is not really the same as
> dmesg. If you look at SGIs for sale on eBay, you will see many examples of
> hinv output.
>
> There is a hinv-like script for Linux (or whatever, it's written in
> perl) which you can find on freshmeat. It's output on my PC looks liek
> this:

*snip*

...and here's a hinv from an o2:

Speedy 1# hinv
CPU: MIPS R5000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.1
FPU: MIPS R5000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 1.0
1 180 MHZ IP32 Processor
Main memory size: 128 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 512 Kbytes on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
FLASH PROM version 4.12
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version ADAPTEC 7880
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
  CDROM: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version ADAPTEC 7880
  Disk drive: unit 6 on SCSI controller 1
On-board serial ports: tty1
On-board serial ports: tty2
On-board EPP/ECP parallel port
CRM graphics installed
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0
Video: MVP unit 0 version 1.4
 with no AV Card or Camera.
Vice: TRE

:)