Re: [TCLUG:15802] The SGI's + IRIX or Linux = Presenation (AndIndycams)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> >> If you are going to run Linux, keep notes and we can have a LUG meeting and
> >> give a presentation on the whole process.
> >
> >I'm gonna run IRIX on one, and Linux on the other.  :)
>         personally, I like someone's suggestion at the LUG meeting (Bob?),
> that we have an installfest for SGIs. it may not be a big one; and no
> guarantee of success, but it would be interesting to get a bunch of people
> together and see if we can figure out how to get linux up & running well on
> them. :)
>
> personally, I want to put Linux on one, and keep IRIX on the other (just for
> the IRIX experience and bragging rights). :)

....not to mention the fact that under IRIX you can take advantage of all
the a/v features of the box. Built-in video capture == very cool.  :)
I've already picked up an Indycam off of Ebay for one of my machines..

Anyone else interested in an Indycam or two? I might have a source to pick
up 10-15 of them cheap..

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700