Re: [TCLUG:15802] The SGI's + IRIX or Linux = Presenation (AndIndycams)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
>         shite, sure. I'll take one. at that price, can't go too badly wrong. :)
>         would it be possible to put the cam on top of my 21" monitor on my
> x86 box, and just use the Indy for capture; actually sending the video out
> with my x86, or sending the vid stream with the Indy and
> recieving/displaying on my x86?
>         what sort of software/hardware gyrations would be needed to do this?

It's a digital camera, so you can't just plug it into a X86. You could set
it on top of your X86, hook it up to the Indy, and rig a cron job to scp
the image over every X seconds or whatever though..

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700