Re: [TCLUG:15855] Mailorder

As long as we're on the subject, I thought I'd interject on another company,
Unicore Software, Inc.

Back in October, I purchased (for 79.99) a chip that I could install to upgrade
my BIOS on my abit LX-6 motherboard.  My reasoning for purchasing the chip was
that if the BIOS didn't work right, I could put the old one back, which isn't
always possible for the FLASH method of updating.

Well, the first chip they sent me only recognized 32 of the 64 MB of RAM and it
would only recognize my PII 233 as a P 75!

I called Unicore and they sent me a new chip, and charged another 79.99 to my
AMEX until I returned the card, but I'd have to get an RMA# from tech support,
which is only available between 9:30 and 3:30 CST.
Naturally, I have a job and this is literally impossible.

To make a long story short, I still haven't gotten 79.99 of the total back,
and American Express had to refund the other 79.99 because they were unable to
get a hold of Unicore Software, known as Touchstone Software on their
accounts.  AMEX tried for over 3 1/2 months to contact them!

Alright, I'm done venting.

TTYAL8R.

Eric

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000,
you wrote: > > i'll second that, i've ordered from mwave for about 2.5 years
now, they've > > always been great to me. very good pricing, and the shippings
is always > > reasonable. never had any problem with returns or RMA's either. >
 > Seems everyone likes Mwave. Good prices and a really nice automated > 'what
the hell is going on with my order?' system. Which doesn't matter > much because
they've always had my order out their door and into UPS's > hands within 24
hours anyway. ;) I like 'em. I like 'em a lot... >  >