Re: [TCLUG:16067] problems with df/du mismatch

Yup, this is how all UNIXes work.  What happens is that
doing an rm clears the directory entry for it, but it doesn't
clear the inode(s) until the process that has a flock on the
file (apache) releases it.  Windows, AFAIK, won't let you
remove a file that is currently in use.  I think this might be the
correct behavior, but I can't say for sure.  (Sometimes it's
highly annoying, sometimes it's useful.  The biggest problem
is when a process dies, but it doesn't clear out that processes
locks, and so it won't let you remove it, but you can't clear the
locks, either - argh!)

Nick Reinking