RE: [TCLUG:15619] Re: SGI INDY BOXEN

>I might as well chip in that I may be looking at picking up one or two of
these,
>but I'd like to hear some test results as well.   Geek points are all well and
>good, but I already have enough bizarre retro semi-functional hardware
>cluttering up the house (anybody want an HP Optical Jukebox?)
        can you control it through Linux (or *BSD, or some open-source program)?
        is it now cheaper to just go out and buy a hefty HDD and get all the
storage space, with more speed and less electricity cost (I hear those
things suck *lots* of power)?

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091