More network baby steps

OK, I have a couple of stupid questions.  I am RTFM'ing as fast as I can,
but I post here just in case someone can give me a two line "Eureka!".

First:  These boxes are running Caldera 2.2 (2.2.5).  They load up nfs
fine, until I shut them down and reboot.  Then they tell me that mount
doesn't support the nfs filesystem.  Sure enough, the module isn't
loaded.  If I try insmod, I get a pile of garbage (1 1/2 screens worth of
error garbage -- pretty low-level.  If any one *really* needs to see it,
I'll try and capture it.)  If I try loading the module from LISA (their
config tool) it tells me that it was unable to initialize the module.

At one point, i saw it tell me that mount was newer than the
kernel.  Under /lib/modules, I have the choice of 2.0.36/ or 2.2.5/ before
I get to the real modules dir.  Apparently some of the config thinks I
have an older kernel.  /proc/version says 2.2.5, though.

Can anyone suggest how to straighten out this module crap?

Second:  (unrelated)  Has anyone else had trouble with RedHat 5.2 not
using VGA cards?  When I try and boot that, it goes dark and the world
comes to a grinding halt before I ever get to anything fun.

Third:  Any good recommendations for a PCMCIA 10baseT card?

Fourth:  Quick suggestions on where to start wading for an explanation as
to why sendmail v8 works internally on a machine, but won't talk to the
other one on the net right now?

Fifth:	Where can I find more documentation on the talk daemon?  I know
it's stupid, but it's actually a little useful.  neither talk nor ytalk
seem to make connections and I'm not sure where to start looking for
answers -- docs seem a little slim.

Sixth:  There is no sixth.

Thanks a ton, gang!

Phil M