Re: [TCLUG:16135] external disk arrays

Ben Kochie wrote:

> I'm looking to purchase an external disk array for our main database
> server, right now it's on an old DG/UX box that only has Wide, and Diff
> interfaces, but we will be migrating to a linux based ERP system in the
> next year.. I found one option.. the 900R from http://www.avistor.com
> it seems like a good deal, they customize the box to whatever I need.. I'm
> looking at a 4 channel controler, 2 for disks, 2 for hosts.  allowing me
> to hook up multiple systems to logical devices.. they also use IBM disks
>
> anyone know of other options, I have looked at sun, EMC, and HP
> storage.. but they all seem to expensive.. :(

There is a local company that I did some consulting work for that does
that kind of stuff.  I can't tell how competitive they are in order to
compare.  I was working on the software side.  The name of the company
is Rorke Data and their website is http://www.rorke.com  They are down
here is Eden Prairie.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is
no woman around to hear him... is he still wrong?