Re: [TCLUG:16161] vendors

> Anyone have any experiences with any of the big name pc vendors( ibm,
> dell,compaq,gateway except VALinux) for purchasing production level Linux
> machines?   I already have 2 VA boxes and want more.  :)  Thanks.

I've purchased two Red Hat machines from Punguin Computing. Obviously any
of us can buy parts from wholesale houses and save money but start dealing
with the warranty returns and caboom.

I've got a bad 18 gig cheetah in one of my penguin boxes. No questions
asked, Penguin sent me a new one. This was about 8 weeks ago. I
haven't had time to rebuild the server with the new drive and called
Penguin to tell them I'd get around to it soon. They responded by telling
me not to worry about. I've had several hardware problems and they've
treated each case with the same aproach. Oh, the drive was shipped "next
day."

Besides, they've got cool ads!

Ron