Re: [TCLUG:16337] Personal Request...Re: [TCLUG:16324] scavenging laptops

>Netscape 4.7 is such old tech.  I have issues using it anymore.

        but at least it doesn't crash as much as mozilla, and sucks less
memory (important for those of us on limited memory budgets). :)
        I wonder if/when there will be a 'lean' build of Mozilla? no mailer,
no newsreader, no IM, no 'search the internet' bulls**t, limited/no wasteful
toolbars... wonder how small we could make it?
        it'd be nice to get rid of the Java support (I wonder how many MB
*that* takes?), but there's way too many sites out there that need it. ;(

actually, if java support was made fairly modular and configurable (don't
load it for a banner; just for a link you click), it might not be so bad
(probably still have to deal with the bloated download and install package tho).

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091