Re: [TCLUG:16382] USWest offers IDSL

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Yaron wrote:

> Well, I'm not all that familiar with all the *DSL variants. is How is IDSL
> different from whatever I have now? Is it just a Greater Distance
> version?

From what I gather from the website, the main difference is lower speed
and the fact that you can't use the line for voice & data
simultaneously. Just shooting from the hip after reading the network
disclosure, I _think_ it's PPP-over-ATM to the DSLAM, and then ISDN for
the last mile. There's a bit in there about HDLC, though, so now I'm not
so sure.

~Dan D.
++ Daniel M. Debertin
++ Senior Systems Administrator