Re: [TCLUG:16337] Personal Request...Re: [TCLUG:16324] scavenging laptops

>> I wonder if/when there will be a 'lean' build of Mozilla? no mailer,
>> no newsreader, no IM, no 'search the internet' bulls**t, limited/no wasteful
>> toolbars... wonder how small we could make it?
>You can use the display widget in Gtk+ apps. It could be put in some tiny
>wrapper program.
        that's not a bad idea..
        I actually have a use for such a thing (under win32). accessing a
web-based calendaring app. loading a full browser is wasteful and far too
slow, just to poke at a PHP/perl-based calendar.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091