Re: [TCLUG:16382] USWest offers IDSL

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:

> should be better than cable, since 70% of US-West's customers are iDSL
> capable.

Except you forget the benefits of HFC.

Hybrid-Fiber Cable is what is currently being installed all around the
twin cities area.  Basically, the cable co runs fiber all the way up to
'the last mile' (or in my case just down the street) and then has a
'access point' where coax hooks into.  Just think, sheilded coax from just
feet away.  :)

Imagine that mediaone is doing the areas that can't get ISDN or even IDSL
for cheap first :)  My 'rents house is out in sprint-land.  Or, "whats
dsl?"

Still dont help the boonies.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265