Re: [TCLUG:16431] load balancing

Has anyone looked at Yellow Dog and Black Lab linux? These are risk
architecture clustering solutions. I was told IBM and Yellow Dog have a
colaborative relationship. The IBM RS6000 B50 starts around $2,400.00 so,
this could certainly be a scalable solution. I haven't confirmed anything
about this solution, it's mostly hear say. I was also told that IBM is
handing out financing like popcorn dinners. Looks like a pretty
interesting solution to me.

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_why.html

From their site:

Starting at just $24.95 for the most complete, professional, and supported
Linux operating system for Apple and IBM RS/6000 PowerPCs, YDL is an
inexpensive opportunity for you to discover what Linux is all about.

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_products.html

Parallel Computing Systems
Black Lab Linux may also be used in a parallel computing environment in
conjunction with the internal ethernet, MPI software such as MPI Pro, and/or
gigabit ethernet communications protocol such as Myrinet. The low cost of
entry, high performance per watt, and full support of the Motorola AltiVec
technnology makes Apple G4s and Black Lab Linux an powerful combination.

Ron Parker
Mi-Recordz
www.mi-recordz.com
parker@mi-recordz.com