Re: [TCLUG:16681] Snapple machines (WAY OT)

On 25 Apr 2000, Jon Schewe wrote:

> Glass bottles are engineered so that when dropped they can handle a lot of
> force.  I remember going over the physics once in college.

I can't say I've gone over those physics, but if it landed on it's bottom,
a cylinder is about the best shape there is.  And I can tell you that the
dimple on the bottom is called a "punt", and is convex because it's
stronger than flat -- bet that was part of what you did.

Whatever...

Phil

--
Life is complex: