Re: [TCLUG:16699] Useradd

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Jonathan Kline wrote:

> Is it possible to have users added to a system by a non root user?  So
> that the individual school admins can add users on the main box without
> having root?  Also is there a program which takes a list of usernames,
> passwords and possibly a gid from a file, a single file of the fomat:
> username:pass:gid?  Or somethinging similar?

If you're interested in administration of Linux-based LANs or even WANs, you
might want to check out the K12Admin software. You'll find it at
http://freshmeat.net/search.php3?query=k12admin

I haven't used is personally, but I've corresponded with the author. It was
written up a couple months ago in Linux Journal.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/