Re: [TCLUG:16580] anyone use vnc?

>80% of the time I'm using linux on my computer. I want just plain old X,
>however for the 20% I'm at a public lab, I'd love to connect to my current
>desktop on my computer. Is there a way of doing this short of using the
>vncclient on my computer to connect to my computer, which looks funky?
>Could I have my display go to two servers or soemthing, on X to use
>locally and one for vnc for remote stuff. I hope this makes sense.

hmmm... under Windows, it's the default way of doing things. I'm sure it's
possible; but I guess I never really tried. (I use VNC to run my headless
boxen).
write the VNC people, and maybe they have an idea.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091