index coloring in Mutt

I finally got around to figuring out how to do this; after seeing it in some screengrabs from Rasterman and the like. It highlights entries in Mutt's message index, according to a given regexp. very cool, very useful stuff. I *really* wish they had included it in the basic configuration file, as I think it's one of Mutt's coolest features.

dunno why I haven't seen this stuff more often.

add these lines to your .muttrc, and change them to taste.
also check mutt's manual.txt, section 4.2, for more information on built-in patterns. (like ~D, etc)

## color message index !
uncolor index *                                 # unset all color index entries
color index             white           red      ~N         # New
color index             magenta         default  ~T         # Tagged
color index             blue            default  ~D         # Deleted
color index             green           default  "TCLUG"

Carl Soderstrom
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises
(612) 943-8700