RE: [TCLUG:20045] DSL

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 jrsmit2@uswest.com wrote:

> Just to clarify, not to disagree...I wish we can do something about those
> things soon, too.

Thanks for the clarification Jer. Here's another quick question I've
been wondering about.

U.S. West tells me that the only thing preventing me from qualifiying
for DSL is my distance from the CO. I have no DLC, load coils, or
anything else. dslreports.com puts estimates my distance at 11,716 ft.
(Covad), 42,474 ft. (NAS), or 13,731 ft. (NorthPoint).

Is it possible for me to pester them into installing DSL or do I need to
wait?

Also, if waiting is my only possibility, then will I be waiting for them
to add another CO or to develop technology that will reach further from
the CO?

I realize that I might be able to get DSL through another provider, but
from what I've seen, the monthly cost is still too high for anything but
garden-variety, U.S. West service.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/