Re: [TCLUG:20067] ancient computers

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on writing a training manual for a computer education class and
> I'm trying to relate some new technology back to the "good old days."
>
> Are there any geezers on the list :-) who can tell me what one of those old
> build-it-yourself computer kits cost back in the 70s. I'm talking about the
> pre-Apple ][ days. I'd also appreciate any information about how much memory
> they had.

I don't qualify as a geezer, but I do remember what you're talking
about.  I think you'd be referring most likely to the MITS Altair.  I
think it was 4K of memory, or maybe you could deck it out with 16K.  As
far as cost, I don't recall -- I want to say about $800, but can't recall
for sure.

MITS was located in Albuquerque, NM.

Cheers,
Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math