Re: [TCLUG:20067] ancient computers

Great...he asked for old timers, so here we go with the "I've been using
computers for so long I had to bang two rocks together to get 1's"
threads...

I'm not exactly an old-timer either, but I learned to program on a
Rat-Shack Trash 80 which is about the same age I am (the TRS-80 was the
pioneer of the 20-xxx part numbers).  I believe they went for around $1000
in their day, but they weren't a kit.  I was lucky enough to have 8k of
RAM and COLOR!!!  Later did some Z-80 assembler on it.  I tried to get it
powered up after I moved out of my folks house, but it appears that the
PSU is bad and I don't get anything.  When I have more spare time I'm
going to try to fix it - I have lots of old cool software and original
arcade games for it.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications