RE: ancient computers

Jeff wrote:
> I still have my first computer (Apple II+) and monitor (green
> monochrome made by apple) in the basement.
	I have an XT clone that my son has "inherited"; bought it
for about $2000 worth of grad school student loan money in 1988.
I remember being thrilled because it had 10 expansion slots and
a CGA monitor.

<snip>
> Scary, though,
> that my TI-89 graphing calculator is many times more powerful than my
first
> computer, or even my first Mac. (16MHz 68000 vs. 8MHz 68000
> vs. 1MHz 6502)
	I feel the same way about my Palm Pilot (a Personal, not
even a III!) and that 8088. Very scary.

Kevin Trainor

Disappointed a few people
When friendship reared its/Ugly head
Disappointed a few people/Well, isn't that
What friends are for?"
     -"Disappointed", Public Image Ltd.