Re: [TCLUG:20103] Latex Problem

Well, I'm using Redhat 6.2, and it's a fresh install. Right now I've got
the latest LaTeX installed from the linux binary install from CTAN.  I
take a normal tex file, run LaTeX on it, it whips up a dvi. Then I do
"dvips -o test.ps test.dvi", and I get this:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+264/600 --dpi
864
mktexpk: mktexdir
/var/tmp/texfonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm failed.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font cmcsc10 not found, characters will be left blank.

If I try to run "sh -x  mktexpk ..."  with the options above, I
get a couple more
details, but I can't make too much sense of the output. I can send the
output to you if you want, but I don't want to post it to the list, it's a
tad too long.
If I try to convert the dvi file on another machine, it works just fine.
There's no significant difference between the installations that I can
tell. It's driving me nuts.

Thanks,
--Adam Nave
anave@macalester.edu