Re: [TCLUG:20045] DSL

Well my former employer had been a Sihope customer since 1996...I rarely
experienced slowdowns.  In fact I think I always got at least my CIR when
I was downloading something.  Of course we were a T-1 customer so
slowdowns are a little more noticable, but I know Sihope never did any
rate-shaping to prefer 1 customer's traffic over another's.

Now with my DSL the biggest battle has been with the physical line.  Since
I upgraded to 2.3.5 I get disconnected all the time and my line quality is
fluctuating between 19 and 22.

I thought your contract with Onvoy prohibited you from turning up another
connection to an ISP...or did you mean they owned the local loop for the
frame so you couldn't order an additional PVC on it?

So is Real Time speaking BGP and carrying full routes now?  Sprint and
Onvoy are announcing your IP's?

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications