Re: Re: [TCLUG:20217] Installfest - anyone bringing Partition Magic?

yes, standalone win box BUT NOT ONE PARTITION. ;)
i have pmagic but that's illegal to give it to you
right? ;))))) (dont worry, if i go to the installfest i'll
bring it, bewarez, its warez!!!)

> You won't need partition magic unless you want to join
the two partitions.
> i suggest you forget about partition magic and just make
the current linux
> partition a new win98 partition.  Inlinux, fire up
fdisk.  Change the
> partition type of the linux partition to fat32.  Then
when you boot up
> win98, the drive will appear in your "My Computer"
windows and all you have
> to do is right click on it and choose "Format" to make a
fat32 file system
> on it.  Then, get to a command prompt and
type "fdisk /mbr" to get rid of

Alstine wrote:
> > I was at the last Installfest, and after a grueling
> > battle, we added a partition on my Win 98 box and got
> > RedHat installed.
> >
> > Well ... now I've got a separate box that's just for
> > linux. So I'm bringing that this time. And (she says
> > while ducking) could anyone bring Partition Magic or
> > the like and help me remove the linux partition from
> > the Win 98 box? It's not that I'm not grateful, but I
> > could use the HD space and I'd rather keep things
> > clean.
> >
> > I could survive reformatting everything if I have to,
> > but I'd really prefer to do this without messing up
> > the Win 98 partition. The hardware drivers were a
> > complete bear to get working right, and it takes about
> > 2 days to reinstall everything.
> >
> > Ben - are you coming? I still need to return your
> > tiedown strap.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vanessa
> > vvanalst@yahoo.com

linux.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tclug-list-help@mn-
linux.org

> --
> Gabe Turner				       |
X-President,
> UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for
Computing Machinery
> U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |
Univerisity of Minnesota
dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu