Re: [TCLUG] [TCLUG:20247] Real-time and USWest DSL?

Quoting Thomas T. Veldhouse (veldy@veldy.net):
> Now that USWest has opened the floodgates to the users that can get 640/272
> access, is realtime allowing its current 256 users to get this speed?  If so,
> what is the policy on new customers?

We are not doing any traffic shaping, but we do monitor your connection rate for
billing purposes.

Meaning, we will catch people who buy a 256K link from Real Time, but get a 1Mb
link from USWest and try to only pay Real Time for 256K of bandwidth.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500