Re: [TCLUG:20253] Disgust at RH

Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> Greet the sun all,
>
> So far, I am only batting .500 on attempts to install/upgrade RH6.2 on
> my various machines.  On my database server, the installation croaks
> trying to detect my mouse.

I ran into this when installing RH6.0, and the quick and dirty solution
was to "Alt+F2" (or was it "Alt+F3") to the command prompt (bash, I
think) and then "ps auxw | grep mouse" and "kill -9" the "mousecfg" (or
something close) process. The install was flawless _after_ this, and the
mouse was properly configured when rebooted (for X). No, this wasn't in
the installation guide. ;-)

I wouldn't discourage you from installing Debian on these boxes, but if
Red Hat is required for some reason, I thought this might help. Good
luck,

Troy

--
Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536@tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my