Re: [TCLUG:20274] User administration...

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> Set up CVS.  Give one person ownership of the web directories.  All
> developers check out copies of the web directories from CVS, which they may
> then edit freely and commit changes to the CVS repository.  On a regular
> basis, the user who owns the web directories reviews all changes and,
> assuming they are good, updates the files in the published directories from
> CVS.

Using CVS would be great from my perspective, being the one who hands out
access to those who are interested in developing things for our site. I've
never really had the occasion to learn how to use CVS, but I'm confident
that it would be no big deal. The prospect of having to hold others' hands,
however, is frightening.

Is there a *really* easy way to manage CVS checkouts, commits, etc. from
Win9x? If so, I would consider playing around with it for some of the
developers around here.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/