Re: [TCLUG:20338] RH 6.2 install over win95

You don't have to remove it per-se...if you're going to only run Linux and
don't care about the windows installation, do this:

Short version:
1) pick a distribution (Slackware, redhat, caldera, suse, etc, etc)
   For arguments sake let's say you choose redhat.
2) Boot from the CD-ROM
3) Follow instructions

It's really that easy.  Linux is generally easier to install then say,
WinNT.

When you go to install Linux it'll have you create partitions and then it
will format them for linux.  You can just have it delete the windows
partition (probably the only one on the drive) and use the entire drive
for linux.

If you have any specific questions during the install, we're all here to
help.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications