Debian Install Problem

Greet the sun all,

I installed potato on my laptop.  As part of the install process, it
asked if I wanted to make a boot floppy and I said yes.  Standard being
careful stuff.  When I try to boot into my Debian, it will not boot from
the harddisk, only the boot floppy.  I am a bit out of my element here.
I can debug the LI errors but I am not even getting that far.  Once I
boot from the floppy (which is really sloooooooooooow), the boot process
runs fine.  What do I have to do in order to boot from the hard disk?
Is it a LILO thang?

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect