Re: [TCLUG:20467] linux modems

i should have specified when i said external, USB wouldn't really be a good
option yet, until 2.4, but if you wanna play around w/ some of the test 2.4's
by all means :).

so by external i meant serial port connection :)

Kyle Matteson wrote:

> avoid anything that says "Winmodem" or that requires windows, sometimes
> referred to as a software based modem. you'll be pretty safe if you stick
> with an ISA modem, and even more safe if you get an external.
>
> Alicia Larson wrote:
>
> > Where can I find a list of RH 6.2 compatible modems?  Their site seems
> > funky when searching for them.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Alicia

begin:vcard
n:Matteson;Kyle
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.solacedesigns.com
org:Universal Talkware
adr:;;10 2nd St. NE;Minneapolis;MN;55413;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:kmatteson@talkware.net
title:Hardware Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0