Re: [TCLUG:20492] the proper way to compile kernels, according to Linus

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> I ran across this on the Linuxcare kernel-traffic web page (http://kt.linuxcare.com/kernel-traffic/latest_print.epl)
> Basically, it started out as a discussion about why symlinking /usr/include/asm -> /usr/src/linux/include/asm is a bad thing and should be stopped. (something to do with library incompatibilities... stuff that's over my head).
>
> here's the part that's really interesting; since it runs counter to all the documentation I've read says. (but makes eminent sense).

The documentation is out of date. Thats being patched in the 2.4 kernel.
;)

http://kt.linuxcare.com/kernel-traffic/latest.epl#4

Anyway, this solves the problem I noticed with NFS mounting the kernel
to different architectures. I didn't see the larger problem though. ;)