Re: [TCLUG:20567] Any "mailman" users here?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Eric Hillman wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a mailman list...  It's got about 1700 members, all of
> whom were added administratively -- and it appears that a lot of them have bogus
> or misspelled addresses.
>
> At the moment, if I try to approve a message to go out to the list, nothing
> (apparently) happens -- "top" shows me that "python" is churning away, but the
> webpage just times out.  I'm guessing this is because of the problem above,
> although it could just be that my P133 doesn't have the horsepower to get
> through all those names...  The log files are no help whatsoever here.  lsof
> seems to indicate that tcp connections are being opened, so it's possible I just
> spammed the first n-1 people on the list with this message...
>
> Anyways, my questions are -- is there any way to dump the userlist so I can
> start trying to sort the valid addresses from the bad ones?  They appear to be
> stored in a hash file, something of which I have only the most tenuous grasp.
> Also, is it possible I'm barking up the wrong tree, and that there's something
> else going wrong here?

Could be that it's taking too much time to process the page (I've heard of
problems with browsers timing out when using the web interface on a large
list of users.) Anyways, to dump the userlist:

~/mailman/bin/list_members <list_name>

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700