Linux & Crouch-Echlin

I've had what seems to be an episode of Crouch-Echlin effect on my linux
machine. I noticed at one point that the clock was running about 14 hours slow,
and it happend all at once. On reboot, the time error remained, as my system
(is this just slack 7.1?) saves the running time to the CMOS (hardware) clock
on shut-down...

Is there a script that I can run at boot time to check for crouch-ecklin
effect, and re-read the CMOS clock until a good value is returned?

If you are unfamiliar with Crouch-Echlin effect, here is a link:

http://www.y2000.hull.ac.uk/newpage13.htm

the disturbing part of this, is that I have run their util and the util claimed
that my machine was not effected.. :/ Any ideas??

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-