Re: [TCLUG:20613] slashdot and doubleclick

I used the /etc/hosts trick for a while.  I had problems with some sites.
Even slashdot.org.  If it tried to load a page with a (blocked) doubleclick
ad in it it would bring up 404 and going back would try to load the ad again
and send you to the 404 again.  I would keep going back until slashdot gave
me a different ad or I gave up and went to a different site.

Lynx works fine though, so it's mostly a browser thing.  I haven't tried it
with mozilla or konqueror but I suppose I could sometime.

Tim