RE: [TCLUG:20646] Root login + Free hosting

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:
> The only reason I could see more than 256k is if you're planning on
> transferring large amounts of data from more than 1 place simultaneously.
> Most things you download won't be able to peg a 256k DSL line (or the ISP
> on the other end or backbone won't support it).  If you did something
> where you had, say, a 256k stream to one ISP and a 256k stream to another
> ISP and needed to have them going simultaneously (2 downloads, a download
> and a streaming video/audio clip...)

..and what about those of us who want a local Debian mirror at home?
Debian's site has managed to suck every bandwidth source I've ever thrown
at it dry.. I just pulled 282k/s from it (from a machine on a VERY fast
network), which would easily suck most DSL connections try.  :)

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700