OpenGL suggestions?

Where I work we're going to be ordering some PCs for our user support
people (they'll be running whatever the latest version of RedHat is when
the machines are installed - probably 6.2, maybe 7.0).  I've been given the
task of researching OpenGL solutions for the machines.  We have some
comercial software packages running on our IRIX and AIX boxen that our
support staff will be running and exporting the display to their Linux
machines.

So, we have one machine here with a Matrox Millenium G400.  It's OpenGL
capable and all that, but I don't know much about OpenGL and as a result
aren't sure how to take advantage of it.  Is it just a matter of installing
the Mesa libs?

Also, anyone have any suggestions as far as OpenGL capable hardware and
software (like libraries, special Xservers, etc) for Linux?  I've been
meaning to get a G400 myself and fiddle, but just haven't had the chance.
I've heard that Matrox's cards are some of the best out there.

TIA,

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu

"I watch bad movies in my own home because I'm insane.  I've been driven
 mad by them, and like heroin, I keep wanting more, even though it's
 collapsing my heart."
				- Mike Nelson, MST3k