Re-call :-) for Distro Maintainers

I received several personal email saying that 'expert' and 'must know' might be
scaring people away from volunteering, so, here is the re-worded call for Distro
Maintainers:

This is a call for official TCLUG distro maintainers.

Real Time is going to put up a 180Gb Linux box called Gladiator for housing
local copies of the 3 major distros; RedHat, Debian and Slackware.

This box will be online for all TCLUG members to use except during installfests,
which is when the box will be the NFS/FTP install server.

Gladiator will also house a CDR, so we can burn iso images for people at
installfests, which we have not been able to do.

Unfortunately (for me) I do not have the time to maintain all 3 distros, so I am
asking for volunteers to maintain these distro-trees on Gladiator.

You must be willing to learn how to install your distro in both a cdrom based
and network based instsallation. If you need experience on this, Real Time can
help by letting you come into our lab and 'play' with a couple of boxes to
practice installing your distro.

You should know how or be willing to learn how to create boot floppies/cdrom for
installation for both a network install and a cdrom install.

You should understand how to make dd-able images of your distro's boot
floppies.

You should understand how to create iso images and keep them up to date,
especially before installfests. If you don't know how I can give you the basic,
the man pages and the HOWTO to fill in the blanks.

You must be familiar with mirroring tools like: mirror, rsync, and wget. Most
distros have good web pages about how to mirror their sites, I know redhat and
debian have step-by-step instructions on it.

You must have ssh (no one uses telnet anymore right?)

If you are interested, please send me email.  List your distro of choice,
months/years of experience with the distro, and your email address.

Thanks.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500