Re: [TCLUG:20885] CD BURNERS

> What kind of nice SCSI controller can you get for < $50? My SCSI controller
> (Adaptec 2940U2W) cost more than my burner. =) Ok, grated it was the best
> SCSI card Adaptec offered for a workstation at the time. At least I didn't
> pay the MSRP of $400.

http://direct.mwave.com/mwave/ProdCTRL-ADA.hmx?UID=PW%2D6498924%2D23961&CID=&updepts=CTRL&DNAME=%3Cb%3EControllers%3C%2Fb%3E&Back=ProdCTRL-ADA.hmx?

Adaptec 2906.  Fast SCSI2, 10MB/s.  Fast enough for any burner.  I actually
have the Adaptec 2930 for my burner.  Ultra SCSI2, 20MB/s (I believe).  I
picked it up for $80 at Mwave about 9 months ago.  It's a dependable
controller for old SCSI drives, burners, CDROMs, and things of that sort.

The 2940U2W is a sweet card, but you don't need it if you're just going
with a burner.

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu

"I know everything there is to know about monkeys since I have seen
 every Tarzan movie ever made!"
				- Ren Hoek in "Monkey See, Monkey Don't"