Re: [TCLUG:13229] win2k

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Chad Juettner wrote:

> >         M$ lusers like pretty GUIs (tho I admit I'm guilty of that
> pleasure
> > sometimes too); so show them Enlightenment with the fanciest shaped
> borders
> > and transparent/translucent windows you can make. :)
> >         let's see if win2k can keep up with *that*. :)
>
> It can, sort of. When I'm on my NT Workstation I use WindowBlinds
> (www.windowblinds.net). There's ports of a lot of the Enlightenment themes
> that actually don't look that bad.
>
> At the very least it looks nicer than the default enviroment.

Win2k also supports transparent windows through some weird GUI hook. You
can download a program called 'transx' off the 'net to make them
transparent. It's actually kinda cool, the apps become truely transparent
(you can see applications behind them and stuff).

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700